Yoron Island Adventure School
For over 35 years, approximately 120 Okinawa District fifth grade students, and parent/teacher chaperones have participated in the Yoron Island Adventure School . The Yoron Island program is a unique intercultural program in which American, Japanese, and Indonesian students experience living together and have an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities in an outdoor camp setting. The program is an annual event supported by the residents of Yoron Island and other associations in Japan.
Apply at a Walk-in Sign Up of your Choice!
Dear 5th Parents,
To ensure that all Yoron Applications are received in a timely matter from all who are interested and to answer any questions that parents may have about this wonderful adventure we have set up times for the Yoron Application process at a school near you. Please meet with the POC at one of the below listed times/locations and complete the application via a school computer. If your child would like to attend this once-in-a-lifetime experience, please plan to attend one of the following meetings WITH YOUR CHILD, bringing also the completed attachment.
Additionally,you may wish to review and fill out the Code of Conduct form before you arrive to save time as this form must follow the application and turned into your school POC. Thank you again for your interest in this wonderful experience.
The registration application period for Yoron Adventure as ended. Thank you to all who have registered for this wonderful adventure!
The Yoron Island Adventure will start in:
2014-3-27 00:06:15 GMT+09:00
- The Yoron Island Adventure School was started in 1977. Japanese, American and Indonesian children have participated.
- It is held once a year and is supported by the inhabitants of Yoron Island and other associations, but mainly sponsored by the International Youth Association of Japan (KSKK). The broad goal of the KSKK is to foster global thinking in young people.
- It has been held for over thirty five years.
Why is there a Yoron Island Adventure School?
- To help students enjoy nature through outdoor activities.
- To foster cooperation and mutual respect by working with each other.
- To overcome differences in language and culture through friendship and >What is the Yoron Island Adventure cooperation.
What are the main ideas or themes of the Yoron Island Adventure School?
- Accept the challenge to try new things.
- Respect other people.
- Exchange greetings with a big smile.
- Do what you are supposed to do for yourself, then help others too.
- Be honest.